“I think this is the best chicken salad recipe around! It’s good for you, has wonderful flavor and is quick to fix,” writes Peggi Kelly of Fairbury, Nebraska.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls or croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cashews, apple and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf if desired and 1/2 cup chicken salad on each roll bottom; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p46
Reviews for Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review