Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
“I think this is the best chicken salad recipe around! It’s good for you, has wonderful flavor and is quick to fix,” writes Peggi Kelly of Fairbury, Nebraska.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls or croissants, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cashews, apple and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Place a lettuce leaf if desired and 1/2 cup chicken salad on each roll bottom; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 463 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC