- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls or croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cashews, apple and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf if desired and 1/2 cup chicken salad on each roll bottom; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Sort By :
"it was ok... not very interesting.. won't make again"
"Love chicken salad and always like trying it with new and different ingredients. Perfect hot weather lunch, with fruit on the side."
"I make this all the time, always delicious."
"This was good but it was missing something."
"LOVED this. So easy and perfect for a night when the temp is near 100 degrees - no oven, no grill, no stove. (I always have diced cooked chicken in the freezer.)Only change I would make would be to omit the 1/2 tsp. salt if you use salted cashews. I also used Miracle Whip instead of mayo for the added "zing". Would consider serving this just on leaves of lettuce instead of buns for those less hearty appetites."