Cashew-Chicken Rotini Salad
I’ve tried many chicken salad recipes over the years, but this is my very favorite. It’s fresh, fruity and refreshing, and the cashews add wonderful crunch. Every time I serve it at a potluck or picnic, I get rave reviews…and always come home with an empty bowl! --Kara Cook, Elk Ridge, Utah
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral or rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups salted cashews
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onions, grapes and
- cranberries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into chicken
- In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 661 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.