- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral or rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups salted cashews
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onions, grapes and cranberries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew-Chicken Rotini Salad
"I don't make often because of the cal. & fat content, but we do LOVE this! I used gf brown rice elbow macaroni today that worked equally as well. So Yummy! Thanks Kara!"
"I've used salted sunflower seeds in place of cashews for those with nut allergies. Every time I make this I get rave reviews and recipe requests."
"I made this salad for Homecoming at our church and it got rave reviews! It is a wonderful combination of ingredients, flavors and textures."
"Agreed! Great recipe"
"Delicious recipe. I subbed out toasted sliced almonds for the cashews. Will definitely be making this again!"