Cashew Chicken for Two Recipe
Crunchy cashews, tender chicken, celery and mushrooms make a filling and easy to prepare stir fry. This is a big hit with my wife and me, says Richard W. Borchers of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cashews, toasted
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Add the peas, broth, mushrooms and celery mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews; serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cashew Chicken in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken for Two(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Chicken >
- Cashew Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >