- the sugar, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, salt, and remaining soy
- sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large nonstick wok or
- skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry peas and carrots in remaining oil until
- crisp-tender. Add water chestnuts.
- Return chicken to the pan. Stir sauce mixture and stir into chicken
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- thickened. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice if desired. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 301 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.