Cashew Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed. In a large bowl, combine the soups, milk and broth. Pour over water chestnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Toss butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over casserole. Top with cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"This is the number one requested dish by my family. I generally make it with homegrown, organic, gluten free and as low sodium ingredients as possible. It is absolutely delicious!! Enjoy!"
"I've made this many times over the past 5 years or so. I've never had time to let it set overnight, so I boil the macaroni in the chicken broth, and add only 1/4 cup chicken broth to the dish. Very very good and have made it several times for company. Also I usually don't have velveeta, so i just add some shredded chedder, about 8 oz of it. The more cheese the better! :)"
"I prepared everything the night before and baked it when I got home from work the next evening. It was good but we like a bit more spice. When I make it next time, instead of celery, I'll use green chili peppers and maybe a little jalepeno. It's very hearty and filling. It was worth the effort to try something new."
"LOVE this recipe!! It tastes great and is easy enough to convert for our gluten intolerant family of 6"
"I used velveeta lite and the healthy requests soups and the no salt crackers. It was good."