Cashew Chicken Bake
I first tasted this easy chicken dish at the home of a good friend years ago. I've made it many times since for my husband, who likes it as much as I do.—Ruth Olson, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups cooked small pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, pasta, mayonnaise,
- cheese, pimientos, onion, salt and pepper. Chop 1/4 cup cashews; set
- aside. Stir the remaining cashews into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped
- cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 641 calories, 51 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.