Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the mushrooms, green pepper, onions and ginger in remaining oil until green pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts and cashews; heat through.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken(9)
Sort By :
The subtle ginger flavor in this dish is just perfect with the blend of chicken, veggies and cashews. Definitely a keeper!
Incredibly good! The only thing I would change is to make a bit more of the sauce, especially if serving it over rice. Delicious!
My Family loves this recipe, they are very picky eaters, but still enjoy the flavore :)
My family prefers spicy food; this recipe was too bland for our taste.
This was very good. I would have liked the sauce to be a bit sweeter, and would recommend adding the green onions at the end, rather than cooking them for 5 minutes.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Chicken >
- Cashew Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Dinner Recipes >