Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sherry, sesame oil and garlic powder. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Discard marinade from chicken. In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry chicken in canola oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and reserved marinade until smooth; gradually stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken
Sort By :
"This was really good. However I'm giving it four stars because, as someone else commented, it was way too salty! I definitely want to try it again with the lower sodium soy sauce. If this is your first time making the recipe, you may want to do the same, because it is a lot easier to add salt afterwards to your taste than to take it out!"
"I have made this recipe several times. It's so delicious, and leaves plenty of leftovers. The only thing I would change is to use lower sodium soy sauce, because it gets pretty salty with the salted cashews added at the end. Lots of flavor though. Yum!"
"I make this recipe often and it's a big hit. The only thing I changed in it is that I used cauliflower instead of broccoli. I love broccoli but my mother doesn't. And this recipe is very strong flavored but the rice tones it out absolutely perfectly. This is a wonderful recipe and I encourage people to try it."
"This is one of our new family favorites. Plan to make it for my parents when they come into town to visit. Yum."
"This is great. I've made it for years."