Cashew Caramel Fudge Recipe
Meet the Cook: A pretty plate of this yummy confection makes a great present! Cashews and caramel are such a delicious combination. I especially enjoy making this fudge for a holiday treat. Throughout the year, I do a lot of baking. Our four children are always ready with their appetites and opinions. -Cathy Grubelnik, Raton, New Mexico
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 24 caramels, quartered
- 3/4 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil with 2 teaspoons butter. Set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in the caramels, cashews and vanilla.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 pounds.
1 piece equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC