These easy-to-make white chocolate brownies are a hit at potluck and other gatherings—I always come home with an empty plate and lots of compliments.—Kathey Skarie, Vergas, Minnesota
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped salted cashews or pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute. Beat in chocolate and butter. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in cashews.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cashew Blondies in Country Woman May/June 2000, p35
Reviews for Cashew Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review