Cashew Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a very large skillet or a wok, stir-fry broccoli and carrots in 1 tablespoon oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the beef, garlic, pepper and remaining soy sauce; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the green and red peppers, onions and squash in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return beef to the pan.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 7 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice) equals 411 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 816 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Beef Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.