- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a very large skillet or a wok, stir-fry broccoli and carrots in 1 tablespoon oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the beef, garlic, pepper and remaining soy sauce; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the green and red peppers, onions and squash in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return beef to the pan.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cashew Beef Stir-Fry
"This is a new family favorite! Quick, easy, and colorful enough that my kids think it is a special dinner."
"My husband and I both enjoyed this very much. I made only half the recipe using a small head of broccoli and a whole small summer squash,normally my husband does not care for peppers at all but he liked them in this."
"I thought this was nothing special. It had no real flavor and the only thing you add is soy sauce. I also found 2 cups of water was too much. And this makes alot."
"I have made this recipe twice and my picky teenager has already requested it again."
"This was nothing special. For anyone who tries this I would highly recommend you saute the beef in one pan and the broccoli and carrots in another. The broccoli got to soft doing it the way the recipes states."
"Cashew beef stir fry is a simple, easy meal to make and tastes absolutely delicious. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."
"This recipe is so good. Even my fussy husband like it."