- nut mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining phyllo dough,
- brushing each sheet with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 24 triangles. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Discard lemon slices and cloves. Pour over warm
- baklava. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and let stand
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 258 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.