Casablanca Chutney Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in the parsley, mint and lemon juice; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 389 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Casablanca Chutney Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.