Casablanca Chutney Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the parsley, mint and lemon juice; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Casablanca Chutney Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Casablanca Chutney Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2013
"Yummy! Very authentic Morrocan style food, my husband all but licked the plate. Didn't have any pistachios, so I toasted & sprinkle pine nuts."