If you enjoy Indian food, you'll love this dish. An array of spices and dried fruit slow cook with boneless chicken thighs for an aromatic and satisfying meal. To make it complete, serve over Jasmine or Basmati rice.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the parsley, mint and lemon juice; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Casablanca Chutney Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Casablanca Chutney Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review