Carzalia Sweet Onion Salad
This zippy make-ahead salad is a delicious change from coleslaw.Connie Johnson, Columbus, New Mexico
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place onions in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a small bowl, combine the
- remaining ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over
- onions and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours, stirring
- once. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 76 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.