Carry-Along Hot Dogs
These versatile sandwiches can be made over the grill or in the oven, so they're great anytime of year. We especially like them when camping.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 hot dogs
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place a slice of
- cheese on the bottom half of each bun. Slice hot dogs in half
- lengthwise; place two halves on each bun. Spoon 1 tablespoon of
- sauce over each hot dog. Replace top of bun and wrap each sandwich
- in foil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, turning often, for
- 10-15 minutes; or place on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for
- 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.