With a mild hint of cumin, these veggies from Linda Foreman of Locust Grove, Oklahoma can go with just about any dish. And because they're so colorful, they'll perk up any plate!
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted or 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 2 minutes. Add the broth, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add peas and cumin. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until peas are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Carrots with Sugar Snap Peas in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p22
Reviews for Carrots with Sugar Snap Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"Wonderful! My and hubby gobbled it down and they are very pickie whenit comes to eating veggies."
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
"Absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper! I'm usually not much of a cooked carrots fan, but this recipe is irresistable."