Carrots with Rosemary Butter Recipe
These appealing carrots from Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut are simple, yet savory. Just steam and toss with Veronica’s homemade rosemary butter. Voila!
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Carrots with Rosemary Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC