Carrots with Rosemary Butter
These appealing carrots from Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut are simple, yet savory. Just steam and toss with Veronica’s homemade rosemary butter. Voila!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add
- carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.