Carrots with Rosemary Butter Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Carrots with Rosemary Butter
"This is a simple recipe but so good! I will be making it again and again.Next time I will try adding tarragon or basil instead of dill, just for a different taste."