Carrots with Raisins
You can fix this simple side dish in minutes. Just combine the ingredients, then cook in the microwave.Claudine Moffatt, Manchester, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir; cook 1-2 minutes longer
- or until carrots are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.