Carrots with Pineapple Glaze
Pretty and versatile Pineapple-Glazed Carrots are ready in just 10 minutes and pair up with a variety of meats for weekday meal magic!
Anna Stodolak - Volant, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave
- on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, sugar, butter
- and salt; cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until preserves are
- melted. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.