Carrots with Pineapple Glaze Recipe
Pretty and versatile Pineapple-Glazed Carrots are ready in just 10 minutes and pair up with a variety of meats for weekday meal magic! Anna Stodolak - Volant, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, sugar, butter and salt; cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until preserves are melted. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC