Carrots with Lemon Butter
This fresh, colorful side perks up just about any main dish. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave
- on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients;
- cook on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over
- carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.