Carrots with Honey Glaze
It takes just four ingredients to prepare this sweet side dish from Molly Mason of Denver, Colorado. Molly likes to serve the quick-to-fix recipe with fish, but it goes great with any entree.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. In a small skillet, combine the honey, brown
- sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir until bubbly. Add carrots and
- stir until well coated. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.