Carrots with Dill
Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas shares a great way to present sweet, tender carrots. She glazes the colorful coins with margarine and adds dill just before serving for a simple, savory side dish.
5 ServingsPrep/Total time: 15 min.
- 1 pound carrots, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 to 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Place carrots, water and margarine in saucepan. Cover and bring to a
- boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 8 minutes or until the
- carrots are crisp-tender. Uncover and simmer until liquid has
- evaporated. Stir in dill. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 55 calories, 66 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.