Carrots Supreme Recipe
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Drain carrots; add onion, soup, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.