This creamy carrot casserole is always a hit. An easy-to-fix but very special side dish, it goes well with almost any meat or poultry. Even though I serve these dressed-up-carrots often, my family still requests them for Christmas dinner.
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Drain carrots; add onion, soup, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Carrots Supreme in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p31
Reviews for Carrots Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review