Carrots on the Grill Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound large carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, ginger, vinegar and garlic. Add carrots; toss to coat.
- 2. With tongs, place carrots on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with soy sauce mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 121 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Carrots on the Grill
"I followed LibbiPeaches advice, reduced amount of oil,basted them on the grill rather than tossing them in the mixture and I used a clamshell grill and they turned out perfectly!! I will cook these carrots again once a week for sure. Thanks for a wonderful recipe."
"Tried it again, however, instead of tossing them in the oil mixture, i basted them on the grill instead. I had much better results."
"I have made this one twice, and both times the carrots ended up burnt. I think it is way too much oil in the recipe and will be trying less next time, as well as perhaps cooking over indirect heat perhaps. If i get it to work, i will be back to say how."