Carrots Lyonnaise Recipe
This recipe from a junior high home economics class was brought home by my sister, Laurie. My family liked it so much that it became a part of our Christmas dinner tradition.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots; stir into sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 129 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Carrots Lyonnaise
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC