Carrots Lyonnaise Recipe
This recipe from a junior high home economics class was brought home by my sister, Laurie. My family liked it so much that it became a part of our Christmas dinner tradition.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots; stir into sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Carrots Lyonnaise in Reminisce April/May 2010, p50
Reviews for Carrots Lyonnaise(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review