Carrots in Lemon-Parsley Butter
THIS simple dish has a surprise in flavor with the touch of lemon and a fresh taste with the addition of parsley. The great color makes any entree pleasing to the eye.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain; set carrots aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the parsley,
- lemon juice and salt. Return carrots to the pan and heat through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 117 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.