Carrots in Almond Sauce Recipe
Here's an easy way to add elegance and flavor to a plain vegetable. The combination of tender carrots and crunchy nuts is different and delightful. Plus, the touch of dill lends just the right "zip". -Carol Anderson, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into onions. Add bouillon, dill and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in almonds. Pour over carrots; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 127 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC