Carrots in Almond Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into onions. Add bouillon, dill and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in almonds. Pour over carrots; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Carrots in Almond Sauce
"This is a great way to use leftover carrot sticks"