Carrots in Almond Sauce Recipe
Here's an easy way to add elegance and flavor to a plain vegetable. The combination of tender carrots and crunchy nuts is different and delightful. Plus, the touch of dill lends just the right "zip". -Carol Anderson, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into onions. Add bouillon, dill and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in almonds. Pour over carrots; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Carrots in Almond Sauce
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012
"This is a great way to use leftover carrot sticks"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC