- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons crushed cornflakes
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in 3 teaspoons butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and parsley until cheese is melted. Drain carrots; add to sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in cornflakes. Sprinkle over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Carrots Au Gratin(2)
Sort By :
Husband and I both loved this dish. When camping in the motorhome, I cook the carrots in a mircrwave cooking bag and heat the other ingredients in a throw away bowl in the microwave. This saves on alot of cleanup. Thanks for a great recipe.
Great, easy recipe for a side dish that everyone will love!