- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place carrots in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon. Add the brown sugar, butter and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrots and pineapple; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Carrots and Pineapple
"Super easy. I did cut down the sugar to 1/4 cup and it was plenty sweet that way, at least for me."
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! A big hit especially with my dinner guests. I used fresh pineapple and regular carrots cut into big cubes, made it ahead, then reheated. Flavor was amazing."
"This is so simple yet so delicious! Goes well with roast chicken. I've passed the recipe on to others and they all say the same!"
"This is a good receipe but you have to like pineapple alot. It was worth trying but I wont make it again."