Carrots and Onions Recipe
- 1/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cut onion slices in half. Place onion and carrots in a steamer basket. Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove to a serving bowl. Toss with the parsley, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Carrots and Onions in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p59
Reviews for Carrots and Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >