Carrots 'n' Celery with Pecans
This tasty side dish makes my holiday meal complete. When I first tried the recipe, it was instantly a "keeper".
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, bring the carrots, water and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add celery; cover and
- cook 5 minutes longer or until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In a small skillet, saute the pecans and dill in butter for 8 minutes
- or until golden brown. Add to carrot mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 197 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.