Carrot Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 2 small onions
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced zucchini (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Chop one onion; set aside. Quarter the other onion and place in a 3-qt. saucepan. Add the water, carrots, celery salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and chopped onion in oil and butter until tender; add to carrot mixture. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Zucchini Soup
"Didnt like the that there was not a lot of flavor."
"My kids didn't like this soup very much. I had to add chicken broth and salt and pepper, and even then they barely touched it. I think it is a good recipe for adults as long as you add broth, salt, and pepper- but not very kid friendly."
"I have made this soup several times now and I haven't changed a thing. My entire family loves it."