Carrot Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 2 small onions
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced zucchini (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Chop one onion; set aside. Quarter the other onion and place in a 3-qt. saucepan. Add the water, carrots, celery salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and chopped onion in oil and butter until tender; add to carrot mixture. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Zucchini Soup
"Didnt like the that there was not a lot of flavor."
"My kids didn't like this soup very much. I had to add chicken broth and salt and pepper, and even then they barely touched it. I think it is a good recipe for adults as long as you add broth, salt, and pepper- but not very kid friendly."
"I have made this soup several times now and I haven't changed a thing. My entire family loves it."