Carrot Zucchini Soup Recipe
Here's an easy way to get kids to eat their vegetables. Carrots were never my family's favorite, but with this delicious soup, they hardly know they're eating them. -Joanne Novellino, Bayville, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:2-4 servings
- 2 small onions
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced zucchini (3 to 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Chop one onion; set aside. Quarter the other onion and place in a 3-qt. saucepan. Add the water, carrots, celery salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and chopped onion in oil and butter until tender; add to carrot mixture. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC