Carrot Zucchini Saute
"I concocted this eye-pleasing recipe as a quick-and-easy side dish, and it's fast become a family favorite," notes Mildred Rickett of Magnolia, Texas. "It's a wonderful way to use up an abundance of veggies from your garden."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound zucchini, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots in oil for 10 minutes. Add
- zucchini; saute 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with vinegar, Italian seasoning and salt;
- toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 64 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.