Carrot Zucchini Saute Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound zucchini, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots in oil for 10 minutes. Add zucchini; saute 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with vinegar, Italian seasoning and salt; toss. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 64 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Carrot Zucchini Saute
"We love this recipe! When zucchini start coming in from the garden, this is the first zucchini recipe I make. It is easy and my husband and I both love it. I make it lots during the summer when I have lots of zucchini to use."