- high until onion is tender. Add the egg, zucchini and carrot. In a
- small bowl, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, salt and pepper;
- stir in vegetable mixture just until combined.
- In an electric skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by
- rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until
- golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen fritters, 2/3 cup basil sauce and 1-1/2 cups
- horseradish sauce.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.