Carrot Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a blender, place 2/3 cup sour cream, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce and remaining sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for both sauces.
- Place onion and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Cover; microwave on high until onion is tender. Add the egg, zucchini and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, salt and pepper; stir in vegetable mixture just until combined.
- In an electric skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen fritters, 2/3 cup basil sauce and 1-1/2 cups horseradish sauce.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Carrot Zucchini Fritters
Sort By :
Kids love this one.
A tasty way to use an abundance of zucchini.
Great use of the zucchini from my garden! Mine needed more flour to stick together in the deep fryer, but this wouldn't be a problem if I pan-fried them. Did not make the sauce and found them good plain.
st pattys day i found a recipe for zucchini potato pancakes and were they a hit,i be sure to try these,oh! u might want to use horsradishes for extra flavor!!
These are so yummy. I've made the twice now, once deep fried per the recipe and once pan fried. I recommend pan frying them as they taste the same, there's less mess and they're healthier. I use my hands to shape each one to about the size/thickness of a pancake, and they come out perfect!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >