Carrot Zucchini Bread Recipe
"When my husband became diabetic, many of the treats he enjoyed were off-limits," recalls Edna Bright of Paris, Illinois. "This moist flavorful bread satisfies his sweet tooth...and I like it, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add alternately with orange juice to carrot mixture. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
One slice equals 68 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC