"When my husband became diabetic, many of the treats he enjoyed were off-limits," recalls Edna Bright of Paris, Illinois. "This moist flavorful bread satisfies his sweet tooth...and I like it, too."
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add alternately with orange juice to carrot mixture. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Carrot Zucchini Bread in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p17
Reviews for Carrot Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review