Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
The secret ingredient in this cake is mayonnaise! It gives it such a great and tangy flavor. It will be a favorite of your family.—Ardyce Piehl, Poynette, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (12 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece equals 424 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC