Carrot Walnut Cake
The secret ingredient in this cake is mayonnaise! It gives it such a great and tangy flavor. It will be a favorite of your family.Ardyce Piehl, Poynette, Wisconsin
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup (12 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low
- speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots
- and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread
- with frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 424 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.