The secret ingredient in this cake is mayonnaise! It gives it such a great and tangy flavor. It will be a favorite of your family.—Ardyce Piehl, Poynette, Wisconsin
Recommended: 21 Easter Cake Recipes
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (12 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Carrot Cake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p613
Reviews for Carrot Walnut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review