Carrot Tortellini Salad
Hasel King from Nacogdoches, Texas combines spinach tortellini and carrots to bring color and variety to this tasty chilled pasta recipe. Italian dressing and fragrant basil add lively flavor with minimal effort.
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 to 12 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook both types of tortellini according to package directions. Drain
- and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine tortellini and remaining ingredients. Cover
- and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 328 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.