Hasel King from Nacogdoches, Texas combines spinach tortellini and carrots to bring color and variety to this tasty chilled pasta recipe. Italian dressing and fragrant basil add lively flavor with minimal effort.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 to 12 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook both types of tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine tortellini and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Tortellini Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p51
Reviews for Carrot Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review