- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, mustard, salt and pepper; coat meat with flour mixture. In a skillet, brown meat in oil for 2 minutes on each side. Remove meat and keep warm.
- Saute the onion, celery and garlic in pan drippings for 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in the carrots, Worcestershire sauce and honey. Return meat to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 6-10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Carrot-Topped Swiss Cubed Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook , p142
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Carrot-Topped Swiss Cubed Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review