A handy spice cake mix gets a tasty treatment when dressed up with shredded carrots and chopped walnuts. The mini carrot cakes are eye-catching, too, when decorated with cream cheese frosting carrots and parsley sprigs for the green tops. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fold in carrots,
- walnuts and cinnamon.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 18-23
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with 1-1/4 cups frosting. Place remaining frosting in
- a small resealable bag; tint with orange food coloring. Cut a small
- hole in the corner of bag; pipe a carrot on the top of each cupcake.
- Add a parsley sprig for greens. Yield: 2 dozen.